The quintessential image of the witch is incomplete without a large cast iron cauldron filled with a bubbling potion. While the image is folklore, potions are a really effective form of witchcraft. There’s always truth in the legends! This divination potion is one of many, many potion recipes that are proven to work.
I love brewing potions for a variety of reasons. There are so many types of potions. They can be brewed to drink, to bathe in, to anoint yourself with, and even for the simple act of brewing the potion itself.
I brewed this potion on Halloween, when the veil was the lowest, to enhance my divination abilities. Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s very effective!
What Is A Divination Potion?
A divination potion will quite simply give you enhanced divination powers.
Keep in mind that this doesn’t mean you’ll suddenly start seeing spirits if you aren’t clairvoyant at all. This potion will instead enhance abilities that you already possess.
If you’re not sure what psychic abilities you have, I recommend reading my series on the different psychic senses:
- Are You Clairvoyant? 5 Signs You Have The Psychic Sight
- Are You Clairaudient? 5 Signs You Have Psychic Hearing
- Are You Claircognizant? The Gift Of Psychic Knowing
Let’s say you’re clairaudient and clairsentient. This means you can psychically hear as well as feel emotionally. This divination potion will enhance both of those senses, but not others that you don’t possess.
This potion will also enhance your skills during any type of divination practice, such as Tarot, astrology, scrying, pendulum, etc.
Fun fact: the Tea & Rosemary store has officially launched! We have a super cool collection of witchcraft Tarot cards, astrology oracle cards, and decks of symbols, plus fun extras like a 2021 lunar calendar and self love workbook.
I find that this divination potion is especially effective for a past life regression meditation or even if you’re just looking into past life astrology in your birth chart. If you’re one of those people who struggles to learn about your past lives, this potion should help.
Tools Needed For This Potion:
This potion is relatively simple and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
To brew any potion, you always need a cauldron or pot. The best tool to have is a 100% cast iron cauldron, but these are expensive. It’s otherwise good to use a cast iron pan or any pan that isn’t completely metal, as this tends to dilute the power of the potion (in my experience).
This is a great cast iron pan to use, but it (and most others) is super expensive. If you can’t afford a cast iron cauldron or pot, don’t worry: you can still make this potion.
You can 100% use a metal pot, but you may need to gather some extra energy and let it brew for a bit longer since the metal will zap some of the energy.
You will also need some sort of heat source to concoct this potion. You can use a stove (gas or electric), a fire, or even a bunch of candles under your pot if that’s all you have.
I don’t recommend using a microwave as a heat source. It won’t have similar effects as an open flame.
The other ingredients you need for this divination potion are:
- 1/2 cup apple juice (fresh or pure is best)
- 1/2 cup apple cider (alcoholic or nonalcoholic, depending on your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Divination Potion Recipe:
If you typically cast a circle while practicing, then do so before beginning this potion.
Once you have your ingredients, you’re ready to begin brewing the potion. Here are the steps to properly brew this divination potion:
- Warm your pot over your heat source. Once the pot is warm, add all of the ingredients, one by one, focusing on your intention of increased divination.
- Let the ingredients sit for about 10 minutes without stirring the pot.
- After 10 minutes, turn the heat source up to bring the potion to a boil.
- Now, it’s time to gather your energy, however you do this. Spend another 5-10 minutes sending energy into the pot, picturing your desired outcome (increased divination, especially in the manner you’d like it). Continue to do this until you feel done.
- Stir the potion in a clockwise motion 13 times. After this is done, you can stir the potion with the spoon as needed, but do so gently without making a full circle. You want these 13 circles to be the only circles you complete with your spoon.
- When the potion is completely blended, shut off the heat source and let it cool. Serve as soon as it has cooled slightly; this potion is best served hot.
This recipe makes 1 serving. Feel free to double or triple it as needed.
I generally don’t chant when I brew this potion, but if you feel that you want to chant, then by all means do so. You can look up a simple chant for a divination spell or write your own.
The purpose of chanting is typically to put more energy into the spell or to make your intention more clear. If you struggle in either of these areas then I do recommend coming up with a chant.
If you don’t chant (I personally don’t), then make sure to raise enough energy during #4 of the steps. You’ll also need to be very clear with your intention mentally.
So there it is: a simple, easy, and super yummy divination potion recipe!
Questions or comments about the brewing process? Drop me a line and I’m happy to help!